Settled in 1908 located in Arapahoe/Cheyenne County.
Clifford and Elsie Williams came to Cheyenne County, Colorado, in 1908 from the Burlington, Kansas area. Together, they homesteaded some 324 acres. Clifford and Elsie lost their first son, born in 1912, but had six more children from 1915-1923. Robert and Hazel (Williams) Roberts took over the farm in 1949 and continued until 1976 at which time son Clifford and family took over operations. Crops grown were wheat, barley, corn and broom corn. Of course there were also chickens, hogs, Hereford cattle, milk cows and horses for plowing the fields. Today fourth generation Matt Roberts assists in the daily operations and a 1/2 section is leased from brother Damon Roberts. Crops today include irrigated and dry land corn, wheat and sunflowers, there is also a calf/cow operation. Several 1930’s buildings are still in use today on the ranch that now comprises 2080 acres.