The Town of Erie, incorporated in 1874, recently rehabilitated at a cost of $347,000, their 1930 "Old City Hall" building. From the bell cupola to the foundation, from the reconstruction of the original fire truck doors to the newly installed restroom, health, safety and disability code upgrades have been incorporated into an important town building. The structure maintains continued viability of use to the town for occupation by the Erie Chamber of Commerce. The Town of Erie hired Architects/Planners Winter, Kramer Jessup to produce an Old Town Center Master Plan and an Old City Hall Historic Structure Assessment. With these studies in hand, the town pursued a SHF grant application for the building's rehabilitation.
The State Historical Fund grant contributed close to $83,000 towards the rehabilitation project. On March 8, 2001, SHF Projects Manager James Stratis participated in a ribbon cutting ceremony with Chamber President Lynn Ellins and Mayor Pro-Tem Bob Stremel. Deborah Bachelder, Erie Senior Planner, presided as Master of Ceremony.
In photo to left: General Contractor Dan Krische of Krische Construction, Principal Architect Ray Kramer and Michael Sherman Project Architect of Winter Kramer Jessup, pose for a group photograph outside the completed "Old City Hall" building.
For additional information about this project please contact the State Historical Fund at 303-866-2825.