Settled in 1906 located in Akron/Washington County.
Charles, Anna and Caroline Lindahl immigrated to the United States from Sweden in 1882, and by 1884 were homesteading a piece of land in Washington County near Akron. The property was later passed down to Charles, son John and then to his son Carl who currently owns and works the land. Today 300 acres are pasture land, running a 30 cow/calf operation and 160 acres are dry land farm raising wheat and hay. Several historic buildings are still in place including Anna’s original homestead house, a barn, three chicken houses and a metal shop. A windbreak was planted in 1948 which still provides a valuable service on days when the wind blows.
Watch the audio slide show and listen to an interview with members of the Lindahl family, conducted by BARN media (play time approximately 8 minutes)