Jackson County partnered with the State Historical Fund and DOLA to complete the exterior and interior restoration of the Jackson County Courthouse designed by Denver Architect, William Bowman, and completed in 1913. The work included repairing the exterior columns and replicating the deteriorated capitals and bases; repairing all masonry and installing new units as required with stone from the original quarry; replicating the historic windows, which had been replaced previously; repairing the roof; and restoring interior features and finishes.
The building has been returned to its former prominence through the efforts of Jackson County Commissioners Mike Blanton, John C. Rich, and Tootie Crowner, Jackson County Administrator Kent Crowder, preservation consultants A-E Design Associates, and general contractor, Wattle and Daub. The project was finished in June 2005.
For additional information about this project please contact the State Historical Fund at 303-866-2825.