This historic 1880 Congregational Church made famous in a photograph by Ansel Adams was recently researched and studied by A-E Design out of Fort Collins for a comprehensive Historic Structures Assessment. As part of that study a dropped ceiling was removed exposing the wooden trusses an important structural and historic interior feature. The sky blue ceiling paint finish on plaster & lath is also now apparent. Included in the research and analysis is the adjacent historic Parsonage.
Caretaker and church member Les Bergman (left) stands beside an information board on the local effort for fundraising. Mr. Bergman donated his electrical expertise for the installation of the temporary lighting and electrical service.
For additional information about this project please contact the State Historical Fund at 303-866-2825.