Settled in 1910; located in Nucla/Montrose County.
James Fort received the patent to 160 Montrose County acres on June 2, 1910. Another 40 acres was added later. Crops have included alfalfa, wheat, oats, and garden vegetables. Irrigation water from Tabeguache Creek runs through the property. Deer, elk, turkeys, mountain lions, coyotes, prairie dogs, and rabbits are commonly seen. Charles and Nita Marie Templeton bought the farm from her father, James Fort, in September 1910, and the ranch has been in the Templeton name ever since. Currently the farm is hay and pastureland and held by Violet Marie Templeton and her children Mark Edward Templeton and Susan Marie Rutherford. Mark does most of the work on the ranch with some help from the rest of the family. He lives on the ranch part-time. The Rocking-Reverse E- Connected K brand has been associated with the Ranch.