Grant Recipient: Douglas County, Vicky Starkey - Facilities Manager
Architect: Scheuber Darden, Aurora
Contractor: W.M. Brown Construction, Westminster
Dynamite production began at Louviers in 1908 and continued until the early 1980s when plant operations ceased. The ownership of the Village Club was transferred to Douglas County, and the building currently houses a branch library. It can be rented for special events and the historic 2-lane bowling alley is still used by local leagues. The Club still functions as the social and recreational center for the residents of this small community.
Following the recommendations in an SHF-funded 2000 Historic Structure Assessment, Douglas County has received four additional grants totally almost $650,000 to complete the restoration of both the Village Club Building and the Bowling Alley.