Please call ahead for groups of 8 or more.
The Center for Colorado Women’s History is the first state museum focused on the past, present and future achievements of Colorado women. The Center for Colorado Women’s History focuses on scholarship, research, public programs, narrative, lectures, school tours and exhibits that expand the understanding and collective memory of the history of women in Colorado. The Center is a space for adventurous dialogue and challenging questions that:
- Generate new knowledge and understandings of women’s role in history – within Colorado and beyond
- Reflect the diverse audiences of Colorado
- Share and collect stories that represent the lives and work of all women in Colorado’s past and present
- Amplify stories of the women who work within communities
- Connect local stories to the broader stories of women’s history worldwide.
The Center for Colorado Women's History takes you on a drive to see some of the sites that highlight a women's history of Denver. From art to politics, women have played an essential role in Denver's earliest institutions, even in preserving our city's some of Denver’s treasured historic buildings. This Tour-in-a-Box will highlight the lives of a number of these early women luminaries in Denver. Grab your keys, throw down the convertible, and visit the sites of women who built Denver!
*Limited quantities available. Self-guided tour is approximately 2.5 hours at a moderate pace. Allergy warning: snacks contain, or were processed in a facility nearby that contained gluten, dairy, soy and nuts. Contents may vary. Available for pick-up only at History Colorado Center in Denver.