The Center for Colorado Women’s History at Byers-Evans House is the first state museum focused on the past, present and future achievements of Colorado women. The Center for Colorado Women’s History focuses on scholarship, research, public programs, narrative, lectures, school tours and exhibits that expand the understanding and collective memory of the history of women in Colorado. The Center is a space for adventurous dialogue and challenging questions that:
- Generate new knowledge and understandings of women’s role in history – within Colorado and beyond
- Reflect the diverse audiences of Colorado
- Share and collect stories that represent the lives and work of all women in Colorado’s past and present
- Amplify stories of the women who work within communities
- Connect local stories to the broader stories of women’s history worldwide.