Originally listed as the Arrow Tire building (alleged to have been erected in 1936 in the National Register Historic District nomination), further research by the Pioneer Museum staff determined that it should now be called the Brown and Son building.
For nearly a century from 1867 to 1971, the National Register-listed Astor House in Golden was a boarding and rooming house that served legislators, miners and students in the area, but in 1973, it was threatened with demolition, but saved from its fate as a parking lot when it was saved and transformed into a museum.
Included in the fourth phase of a multi-year, district-wide improvement project being carried out by the Sedalia Water and Sanitation District is the repair of the 1906 Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe Water Tank.
Built in 1907, the Ault Pump House tell the story of how Ault’s water system has changed over time from a ditch irrigation system to a well and storage tank system, forever changing the agricultural infrastructure of the area and offering the town enhanced fire protection.
In 1977, while surveying the northern edge of the Palmer Divide in Douglas County, staff from the Colorado Department of Transportation uncovered relics in the Bayou Gulch Site dating from 7,500 to 150 years old; it was one of Colorado’s most remarkable archaeological finds!
After successfully rehabilitating the foundation at Crossan’s M&A Market, Historic Routt County will begin the next phase of preservation at the 1903 building that was one of the first general stores in the Yampa Valley.
Built in 1905, the Neoclassical Revival Bennett-Field House in Denver today houses the Lighthouse Program, a boarding home for men in recovery, but the deteriorated historic entryway has suffered major moisture damage that affects the tile terrace, coffered ceiling, grand fluted columns, and decorative balustrade.