All of our museums are currently closed. Go to Hard at Work! for the latest information.
National and State Register
The Bliss House is one of a series of six designed by prominent Denver architects William Lang and Marshall Pugh for real estate developer Ralph Voorhees.
Dr. Geral Bliss and his wife occupied the house from 1891 until 1945. The architects employed an exuberant expression of the Queen Anne style for the residence with its brick lower level; upper level floors covered in fish scale shingles; and the combination of bays, unusual windows, and a dramatic multi-planed roof. The property is associated with the West Colfax Subdivision Historic Structures Thematic Resource.