All of our museums are currently closed. Go to Hard at Work! for the latest information.
National and State Register
Located on the south side of South Table Mountain, the amphitheater was constructed by the WPA during 1933-35. With an estimated 2,500 seats, it is the second largest of only four known historic open-air amphitheaters in Colorado.
The fieldstone and concrete seating area was built on the natural slope below the mesa’s edge. It forms an inverted U-shape that is flanked by concrete mortared stone walls, which are buttressed for support. An associated footbridge, crossing a drainage provides access from a parking lot. Listed under Historic Resources of Camp George West Multiple Property Submission.