Built in 1898, Locomotive No. 30 is the only surviving locomotive that operated on Boulder County’s Switzerland Trail of America route. The locomotive and its tender also are associated with the Colorado & Southern and the Rio Grande Southern railroads.
No. 30 remained in service with the RGS until 1951. It is a well-preserved example of a narrow gauge locomotive manufactured by the Brooks Locomotive Works. The train was moved to the Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden in 2012 but the city plans to move it back to Boulder once a suitable location is found.
Central Park, south side of Canyon Blvd., between Broadway & 13th St., Boulder