The Schmidt Farm is a collaboration of properties owned by three brothers: Jake, George, and Conrad.
Jake Schmidt bought the first plot of land in 1909 from a man named Whittney. George Schmidt bought the next portion in 1914, and Conrad Schmidt united the whole property when he bought both lots from his brothers in 1917. Conrad’s son, Dale, and his wife, Ethel, bought the farm in 1976. Currently the Schmidts produce corn and wheat and raise cattle on their property. The family still lives in the 1918 house and use the old barn, chicken coop, and storage shed.