Bill and Lydia Sonnenberg purchased their half section of land in 1917. First came a well, followed by a barn which remains in operation today.
The family initially built a small three-room house, but in 1918 began work on a two-story house with a basement. The original house was later converted into a chicken coop. They had dreams of modern pipes and plumbing, however it would take over a decade before they could afford the plumbing fixtures for their new home.
Bill and Lydia were able to continue farming through the Depression and World War II, expanding the farm to a full section. In 1946 their son Arlo took over operations. In 1951 he re-modeled the house to make it a single-storey, above ground to make life easier for his parents. In the 1960s the farm passed on to Arlo's niece and her husband and is today run by the great grandson of Bill and Lydia. Today the property spans 1,120 acres for farming dry land wheat.