Visitors are safe and welcome at our museums. Please click here for details.
National and State Register
J.W. Hugus Company Building / A. Oldland Building
Rio Blanco County
The two-story brick building was constructed in 1911 to house the Meeker operations of J.W. Hugus & Co. Founded by J.W. Hugus in 1877, the company operated numerous general and dry goods stores in southern Wyoming and western Colorado.
The building was designed by the prominent Denver architectural firm of Fisher and Fisher. When Hugus decided to liquidate his assets in 1919, the building was purchased by the retailing firm of A. Oldland and Company.