Completed in 1891, the Richardsonian Romanesque style building was designed by architect A. Morris Stuckert. The imposing seven-story structure was one of Denver’s first major office buildings and continues to occupy its prominent downtown corner location at 16th and Glenarm streets.
The rockfaced stone walls of the first two floors are granite, while the upper floors are rhyolite. Window openings are stacked vertically within seven bays, with semicircular arches appearing above the windows at the second and sixth floors. The building’s deep cornice features rich stone carving. The property is associated with the Historic Resources of Downtown Denver Multiple Property Submission.