The Midland Terminal Railroad was one of three that served this major mining district. The railroad arrived in 1894, and the depot opened for passenger and freight service the following year. The railroad brought ores down to Colorado Springs and Pueblo for processing and sustained the mining community by transporting necessities and luxuries.
The sturdy brick depot contains features common to its type and period of construction including the wide overhanging eaves, the central bay office window, and the large freight doors. Passenger service ended in 1943. Listed under Railroads in Colorado, 1858-1948 Multiple Property Submission.