Potter Highlands is a residential neighborhood located across the South Platte River in the hills northwest of downtown Denver. The Reverend Walter M. Potter bequeathed the land to the Baptist Home Mission Society which sold it for development in the early 1870s.
The independent town of Highlands was incorporated in 1875 and annexed by the city of Denver in 1896. Of the nearly 700 buildings located within the district’s 276 acres, 571 contribute to its historic and architectural character. There are examples of Foursquares, Mission Revival, and Victorian styles built before the silver crash of 1893, and later examples of Prairie, Colonial Revival, Dutch Colonial Revival and Craftsman style residences.
Bounded by W. 38th, Zuni, W. 32nd & Federal Blvd., Denver