The Spangler House is one of a series of six designed by prominent Denver architects William Lang and Marshall Pugh for real estate developer Ralph Voorhees. For many years, the house was home to Jane Spangler, widow of former Arapahoe County sheriff Mike Spangler.
She moved to this house in the late 1890s to be near her sister, Mrs. Ralph Voorhees. The architects were influenced by the Romanesque style in the design of this 1891 2½-story stone and shingle-sided building. The entry to the house is through a porch with a round arched entry of large radiating stone voussoirs. The property is associated with the West Colfax Subdivision Historic Structures Thematic Resource.