St. Elizabeth’s Church was designed by Brother Adrian, O.F.M. of the Sacred Heart province, in the German Gothic style in 1898. It is constructed of rhyolite quarried at Castle Rock.
The interior features carved wooden statues from Germany and painted and stained glass windows given by early parishioners. St. Elizabeth’s parish, the second Catholic parish to be established in Denver, was created in 1878.