We are welcoming visitors back to our museums. Please click here for details.
National and State Register
Truxaw & Kruger Grocery/Seldin’s Cash Grocery
The 1909 Truxaw & Kruger Grocery/Seldin’s Cash Grocery is important for housing commercial businesses that contributed to the development of New Raymer as a railroad and market town for the surrounding dryland farming and ranching district.
The succession of stores that occupied the building provided the community with a variety of essential goods, including groceries, clothing, notions, feed products, household equipment, and farm implements until 1957 when the building ceased to be used as a store. The building is also important for housing the New Raymer post office between 1940 and 1957, providing community members with postal services, a source of community pride, and a tangible connection to their federal government.