Visitors are safe and welcome at our museums. Please click here for details.
National and State Register
Union Avenue Historic Commercial District
The district consists of a group of commercial structures located south of Pueblo’s central business district. Of the total 87 properties, 70 contribute to the historic and architectural importance of the district.
The area developed quickly following the platting of South Pueblo in 1872, with the first brick buildings appearing in the early 1880s. Originally a wholesale and warehouse district associated with the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad, Union Avenue experienced a major flooding of the Arkansas River in June 1921.