Located eight miles from the Arkansas River, the camp is associated with early mining history in the Clear Creek Canyon area.
By 1882, the camp consisted of nearly forty buildings. Population apparently peaked in 1885, with the total estimated to have been between 150 and 600. Seven of the original log cabins remain intact on the site. The silver market crash of 1893 temporarily halted mining in the canyon. Mining activity resumed in the early 1900s, and the last ore was hauled out of the canyon in 1918. The property is associated with the Mining Industry in Colorado Multiple Property Submission.