Waterfall Ranch, named for the waterfall that cascades down the steep red rocks behind the site of the original cabin, was sold to John James Zink in 1917. The land proved abundant from the start, yielding great crops of potatoes.
The potato sales brought in enough money to build the three-storey home known as "The Rock Place" the stone for which came from giant boulders that had fallen from the cliff above and come to rest in the middle of the ranch. Although the house was re-built after a fire in 1960, it's first level and foundation are original.
Grandson Ed continues the tradition of farming today, now with hay production and an outfitting guide operation. Back in 2008, 80 acres of the ranch entered into a permanent open-space conservation easement restoring acres back to original wetland status.