Visitors are safe and welcome at our museums. Please click here for details.
National and State Register
YWCA Building / Colorado Springs Company
El Paso County
Completed in 1913, the five and one-half story red brick building, with a somewhat Mediterranean feel, reflects the eclectic interests of the architect, Nicholas Van den Arend.
The Young Women’s Christian Movement did not arrive in Colorado Springs until 1899. A fundraising campaign for this new building began in 1909. The YWCA Building served as a center for social, cultural and humanitarian activities.