Use the filter to search all properties in the state listed in the National Register of Historic Places and the Colorado State Register of Historic Properties. Sites can be searched based on county and/or level of designation.
The 1901 Alexander House contains several elements representative of late Queen Anne style residences, including elaborate ornamentation and an asymmetrical composition with multiple gables, angles, projections and heights.
Constructed in 1915, the red brick, Late Gothic Revival style church is a relatively small building that includes a considerable amount of detailing in its brickwork and the tracery of its Gothic arched stained glass windows.
James Murdoch, an important Denver architect during the late 19th and early 20th centuries, designed the 1890 church building. Its Victorian German style reflects the large number of German immigrants populating the neighborhood. A soaring steeple on a corner bell tower distinguishes this refurbished red-brick Gothic Revival chapel. Rhyolite trims the entrance beneath a rose window. Inside, the original carved wood statues, pulpit, baptismal font, and pews survive under hammered ceiling beams set in a herringbone pattern.
The 1892 church building is an interesting local expression of the Shingle Style with its wood shingled walls, long sloping gabled roofs and windows grouped into pairs and fours. Undulating or wavy pattern wood shingles, another characteristic of this style, can be seen in the apex of the gables. Other decorative features include paneled vergeboard, eyebrow dormers, and stained glass windows.
Built in 1889 for Allen J. Beaumont, a prominent Pueblo attorney, architect A. Morris Stuckert’s design is an eclectic mix of Queen Anne and Richardsonian Romanesque detailing. The one and a half story residence of pink lava stone sits on a hill overlooking the city.
The 1925 Alma School, a rare local example of the Mission style, is significant as a symbol of the importance of education to the area’s residents and the involvement of the Public Works Administration in the funding of additions, designed by Frank Frewen, to the building in 1936.