Use the filter to search all properties in the state listed in the National Register of Historic Places and the Colorado State Register of Historic Properties. Sites can be searched based on county and/or level of designation.
Constructed in 1913, the Armstrong Hotel is associated with the growth of the automobile and tourism industries that resulted in the road building movement of the 1920s. Located along US Hwy. 287, the forty-one room hotel provided a comfortable respite for the traveler willing and able to pay for more than the free local auto tourist camp.
The 1877 Arnett-Fullen House is significant as an excellent example of the Mixed Style of architecture, incorporating elements of the Gothic Revival, Carpenter Gothic, Second Empire, and Italianate styles. In looking at the house, the Gothic Revival is represented by steeply pitched roofs, cross gables, and brick walls. The “gingerbread” bargeboards and elaborate scrolled and carved woodwork on the porches and gables are characteristic of Carpenter Gothic.
Located approximately 32 miles into the rugged Cache la Poudre Canyon, at an elevation of 7,450 feet, the district’s primarily log, Rustic style buildings accurately portray the physical setting and architecture typical of northern Colorado’s fishing and recreation resorts, dating from the years of the Great Depression.
Now a major residential suburb of Denver, Arvada began during the 1870s as a supply center for the local farming community. The district includes a collection of buildings that reflect the evolution and development of a small town commercial area from the late 1800s through the post World War II period.
Constructed by Eugene Emory Benjamin, the large wood frame facility is located adjacent the railroad tracks, at the southern end of Arvada’s historic downtown commercial area. The building includes the main 2½-story gambrel roofed mill portion and a one-story dock area.
Built in 1891 in the Queen Anne style as interpreted by architect F.W. Cooper, the residence is one of the last remnants of a once prestigious residential neighborhood located just west of the Pueblo County Courthouse.
The townsite is significant as the remains of a prosperous Roaring Fork Valley mining camp of the 1880s. Originally known as Castle Forks, the town of Ashcroft was incorporated in 1882. Its peak population of approximately 1,000 supported a variety of commercial enterprises.