The original 160-acre Clem Ranch, located near Parachute, was purchased by James V. Clem in 1902, and was joined with land purchased by Henry C. Clem in 1910. Over the years, the ranch produced hay, pasture, cattle, horses,and sheep. The original brand is still in the family, registered by James V. and John J. Clem in April 1903. The ranch is now operated by James V. Clem’s great-nephew and family, who live in the original 1914 residence.