The Deatherage/Gibbs Place consists of a two-story log house, collapsed workshop, generator house, two cisterns, and a depression where a privy equipped with a three-hole board seat once stood. The original log bay of the house may date to 1890, a time when the site functioned both as a ranch and a timber operation. Later, possibly between 1899–1913, the house doubled in size with the addition of an equal-sized bay of frame construction.