Originally known as St. John’s Episcopal Chapel, the church was built in Aspen in 1886 by the Episcopal Missions of Western Colorado. In 1908, it was relocated to Marble and was renamed St. Paul’s Church. Two rooms were added to the rear of the building, and a belfry was added in 1911. The church is Marble’s only example of Gothic architecture and is an example of early religious structures of late 19th century mining communities in Colorado.