We are welcoming visitors back to our museums. Please click here for details.
National and State Register
Chapel No. 1 / Eisenhower Memorial Chapel
The chapel was the first permanent religious structure erected at Lowry Field, a military base for the U.S. Army Air Corps.
The 1941 building followed a standard army plan and is the only remaining example of the type in Colorado. During the 1950s, President Eisenhower often established a "summer White House" at Lowry and he and Mrs. Eisenhower worshipped in the chapel.