Use the filter to search all properties in the state listed in the National Register of Historic Places and the Colorado State Register of Historic Properties. Sites can be searched based on county and/or level of designation.
Located west of the downtown commercial area, the district encompasses the most intact of Golden’s early residential neighborhoods. The campus of the Colorado School of Mines is to the south and west. The residences within the district are primarily of brick or wood frame construction and date from the 1870s to 1920.
The residence is notable for its characteristics of the late Queen Anne style, evident in the steeply pitched gabled roof, brick and sandstone materials, substantial front porch with sandstone detailing, recessed second story porch, and tower-like bay on the north elevation.
The 4 Bar 4 Ranch Stagecoach Station and Hotel is important for its association with transportation as a long-standing stagecoach station and hotel along the Georgetown and Hot Sulphur Springs Stagecoach Route beginning in 1895.
This well preserved example of a small multiple-household was occupied between AD 1200-1250. The site can provide important information about the development of Mesa Verde cultural tradition and kiva architecture.
The 7-D School, constructed in 1936 to 1937 under the Works Progress Administration (WPA) is significant for its association with President Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal legislative agenda to rescue the United States from the Great Depression.