Amanda K. Alger Memorial Episcopal Church (Eaton United Methodist Church)
The 1925 Amanda K. Alger Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church is an excellent example of the Late Gothic Revival style popular in the 1920s. Designed by the architectural firm of Wilson and Wilson, the church exhibits many of the characteristics of the style including a steeply pitched roof, arched windows with tracery, quatrefoil elements, a crenellated parapet, and simpler detailing.
The church played an important community role in hosting numerous dinners and basketball games over the decades. The Ladies Aid Bazaar occurred here each year as a fundraiser for this active women’s group. Additionally, the Ladies Aid prepared many dinners in the kitchen and served meals for Rotary Club dinners, Masons, and other organizations. Intramural and adult league basketball games also took place in the Fellowship Hall. This large room has provided a place for the community to gather, socialize, and celebrate.