Completed in 1894, as one of numerous bridges constructed when the Florence and Cripple Creek Railroad extended its narrow gauge lines up Phantom Canyon into the Cripple Creek gold district, it features a multi-span trestle with a built-up steel deck girder.
Converted to vehicular use when the railroad ceased operations in 1912, it is one of the few remaining bridges along the route. Listed under Highway Bridges in Colorado Multiple Property Submission.
Phantom Canyon Rd., approximately 15 miles north of US Hwy. 50, Florence