Designed by Frederick J. Sterner and George H. Williamson as part of the 1911 Daniels and Fisher dry goods store building, the 21-story Renaissance Revival style tower is all that remains of the popular five-story retail establishment. The building was demolished during the Skyline Urban Renewal Project of the 1970s.
This Denver icon, modeled after the Campanile of St. Mark’s in Venice, has a steel skeleton faced with blond brick and extensive terracotta trim. The upper portion of the tower features an arcaded observation deck, a 16-foot diameter Seth-Thomas clock, and a bell weighing more than two tons. A rehabilitation of the 32-foot-square tower resulted in sixteen floors being made available for office tenants. The property is associated with the Historic Resources of Downtown Denver Multiple Property Submission.