The 1906 Denver, Northwestern & Pacific Railway Depot in Kremmling is a fine example of an early-twentieth-century, wood-frame combination depot. Combination depots were regularly built in rural areas where there was insufficient freight or passenger traffic to warrant separate depots.
The DNW&P used standardized plans for depots constructed along its line and examples of this type are commonly one-story in height, rectangular in plan, feature a side-gable roof with deep overhanging eaves and decorative eave brackets that provided shelter for passengers and freight from inclement weather, and have large sliding freight doors with transoms. As was typical, the ticket/railroad office occupied the central portion of the building, with freight functions housed on one side and passenger services on the other. A central projecting bay provided the railroad agent with a good view of activity along the main rail line.
The Kremmling depot is further notable for the historic graffiti related to the seasonal wool harvest found on the walls of its freight room. In 1954, depot was upgraded by the railroad to meet changing needs and passenger expectations and remained in regular use through the 1960s before falling vacant. To save the depot from demolition, it was moved off its original site to the nearby Heritage Park Museum in 2008. The Denver, Northwestern & Pacific Railway Depot in Kremmling is listed under the Railroads in Colorado 1858-1948 Multiple Property Submission.