Gas & Electric Building / Public Service Company Building
The 1910 ten-story Sullivanesque style building was designed by prominent Denver architect Harry W.J. Edbrooke for the Denver Gas and Electric Company, reportedly as a promotional tool. The somewhat fanciful structure, considered by many to be Denver’s grandest illuminated building, is distinguished by its terra cotta cladding and the 13,000 electric light bulbs that form geometric patterns around and between the primarily double hung windows.
The tall, arched windows at the tenth-story level appear to form an arcade beneath the prominent flared cornice. The property is associated with the Historic Resources of Downtown Denver Multiple Property Submission.