George Sr. and Anna Eurich were born in Czechoslovakia and came to the United States in the early 1900s. George lived briefly in Pennsylvania before moving to Pueblo where he worked in the steel mills.
When Anna arrived in Colorado, they tried to homestead west of Ramah in El Paso County but found the adobe-like soil hard to cultivate. The future Fairplay School site near Calhan was available, so George Sr. and Anna moved to the school section in 1905, where they homesteaded the land and eventually bought it. In 1911 they built the farmhouse along with several outbuildings including a barn, wash house, and granary. The planted oats, corn, hay, and barley, and they milked cows and raised chickens, selling the cream and eggs for money.
George Sr. and Anna raised eight children, all of whom eventually left except for George Jr. who stayed to help his father farm the land after George Sr. injured his back and lost his horse when it ran away. In 1942 George Jr. married Mildred Trojanovich but then was soon drafted for World War II. While he was gone, Mildred gave birth to their only child, Georgianna. After George Sr. passed away in 1947, the climate became increasingly drier, and George Jr. switched to the dairy business to stay competitive. In 1987 George Jr., his daughter Georgianna, and her husband Gary made the switch to a cow-calf operation, which is still the farm’s function today. Several historic buildings are on the land, including a WPA outhouse.