William and Clara Doddridge purchased their farmstead in 1917, combining two parcels of land to form the original 320 acres.
William and Clara raised hogs and cattle as well as turkeys and chickens, and owned several field working horses. Their crops included wheat, oats, barley, dryland corn and rye. William Doddridge was an early adapter of useful equipment: he was one of the first farmers in the area to buy a pull type self threshing combine and also one of the first to purchase a tractor when they became available.
Glen and Beverly Doddridge currently own the homestead, residing in part of the original house.