Magnus Peterson, his wife Anna, and their three children homesteaded land on Five Pine Mesa in Routt County in 1903. Thirteen years and three children later, Magnus made a trade agreement with H.M. Fulton, where they traded their land on Five Pine Mesa for a plot of land east of Greeley. The family made this their home and had three more children there. They established a dairy farm, and grew a variety of crops.
When Magnus passed away in 1946, Anna and their sons, Herman and Buster, continued to work on the farm. After serving in the U.S. Army in World War II, Herman married Dorothy Jean and the two continued to live and work on the farm. In 1953 Anna passed away and Buster became the landowner. Buster owned the land until he died, and Herman and Dorothy took over the farm with the help of their son, Randy. Herman passed away in 2015 a year before the farm’s 100 year anniversary. Today, the farm has approximately 200 acres and continues to farm corn, alfalfa, grass hay, and beef cattle