Visitors are safe and welcome at our museums. Please click here for details and tickets.
National and State Register
The school building served as the educational center for this high mountain mining community from its construction in 1884 up until school consolidation brought about its closure in 1958. The building embodies the distinctive characteristics of the one-room schoolhouse building type.
Its purpose is easily discerned by its form. The school exhibits such typical features as a front gabled roof, bell tower, vestibule, tall narrow windows, and associated privies. Listed under the Rural School Buildings in Colorado Multiple Property Submission.