The Neusteter Building, a five-story flat roofed commercial building, consists of the 1924 original block and a smaller circa 1952 pre-cast concrete addition. Featuring a ribbon of black marble around its base and buff colored limestone, it is one of the finest examples of Commercial Style architecture in Denver.
The architectural firm of Fisher and Fisher designed the retail facility for the department store of Max and Meyer Neusteter founded in 1911. The family-owned firm remained in operation until 1985. The property is associated with the Historic Resources of Downtown Denver Multiple Property Submission.