National and State Register
The 1906 Sugar Building is located in the heart of Denver’s early warehouse district. Designed by the architectural firm of Gove and Walsh as a four-story warehouse, a two-story addition was added in 1912, also by Gove and Walsh.
The building forms a basic cube, with exterior walls of tan colored brick ornamented with terra cotta. The building originally housed the Great Western Sugar Company, a leader in the sugar beet industry, and a major influence on the economy of Colorado.
1530 16th St., Denver