The ranch is closely associated with the history of agriculture in the South Park area of Park County. The buildings and structures at the ranch represent the variety of agricultural functions and construction techniques from 130 years of cattle, sheep, and hay ranching. The headquarters buildings typify functional, unadorned wood-frame and log construction techniques using locally available materials of the early 20th century.
The overall landscape and setting include large open pasturelands, a railroad grade, and historic irrigation ditches. A brief effort to tap into the South Park region’s petroleum potential resulted in an attempt to drill a well on the ranch in 1904-05. The remnants of the oil derrick remain, showing the early 20th century technology, practices, and equipment employed. The property is associated with the Historic Ranching Resources of South Park, Colorado Multiple Property Submission.