In 1911 Charles and Nancy Wilson homesteaded 160 acres in Montezuma County where they first burned sagebrush to clear the land. Their son Arthur was born in 1921 and can remember the first farm team as a mule and a crippled mare as well as one of the first crops, which was corn for the livestock.
Until the family bought a tractor in 1937, clearing the land was always a lengthy task. Each year Nancy raised a huge garden full of crops such as pinto beans, and she and Charley planted an orchard that has many trees still flourishing today. The land eventually passed down to Virginia and Diana Wilson and Mark and Timothy Wilson worked the land. Several historic structures are still in use including a 1920 milk house, 1940s granary, chicken house and windmill, and 1950s steel granary, shop, and smokehouse.