We are welcoming visitors back to our museums. Please click here for details.
Odd Fellows Hall
In 1890, the Odd Fellows celebrated the opening of this two-story brick meeting hall, which housed a saloon and a butcher’s shop on the ground floor. The Odd Fellows used the building for ninety-seven years. Unlike many other Odd Fellows halls throughout the state, the citizens of New Castle kept their building in service with a mixture of residential and commercial tenants.
The building is currently undergoing a $400,000 renovation with the help of $123,000 in State Historic Preservation Tax Credits. The historic brick, windows, and storefronts will be restored to their 1890 appearance. The ground floor commercial space will be renovated for use as a dentist’s office, allowing residents to get care in their own town instead of having to travel to Glenwood Springs.
500 West Main Street, New Castle
Built in 1890
Project costs: $411,000
State Tax Credit: $123,000
Sales tax: $33,702
Jobs created: 4
Opening date: 2017