For over 25 years, History Colorado and the Colorado Department of Agriculture have recognized the important role that agriculture has played in our state’s history and economic development through the Centennial Farms program at the Colorado State Fair in Pueblo.
Above: Kochis Farm homestead, 2009. Photo courtesy of the Kochis Farm.
Search by County
Search for centennial farms and ranches designated since 2011 by entering a town or county.
Magnus Peterson, his wife Anna, and their three children homesteaded land on Five Pine Mesa in Routt County in 1903. Thirteen years and three children later, Magnus made a trade agreement with H.M. Fulton, where they traded their land on Five Pine Mesa for a plot of land east of Greeley. The family made this their home and had three more children there. They established a dairy farm, and grew a variety of crops.
At over one hundred years old, Hogan Ranch, located on County Road J in Kit Carson County, was settled in 1899 by James Hogan and his wife Rosa. The Homestead Certificate was received on December 1, 1905.
Frank Squire acquired the coveted three quarter circles brand in 1919 two years after acquiring the ranch. Frank's father emigrated from Milton Abbot in County Devon, England and homesteaded North of Hayden in 1893.