Use the filter to search all properties in the state listed in the National Register of Historic Places and the Colorado State Register of Historic Properties. Sites can be searched based on county and/or level of designation.
The Aggie "A" is associated with the history of Colorado State University, the former Colorado Agricultural College. The 1923 "A" is an example of hillside monograms which are distinctive landmarks in western states.
Constructed on the northeast corner of Main and 3rd, the 1931 one-story brick library features an interesting oblique entry. In 1922, the women of Akron formed a local library association and labored to place the town’s library, founded in 1916, on solid financial footing.
The U-shaped complex is one of the county’s best examples of the Mission style. The largest of several Works Progress Administration projects built in the county during the 1930s, the courthouse construction began in 1936.
The building’s elaborate stamped metal upper story represents a period of construction associated with the arrival of the railroad and the resulting ability to import prefabricated architectural elements. Built in 1887, it was one of the first major buildings to be constructed on what would become Alamosa’s main street. Street-level retail stores supported the second-story hall both physically and financially.