Use the filter to search all properties in the state listed in the National Register of Historic Places and the Colorado State Register of Historic Properties. Sites can be searched based on county and/or level of designation.
The site, a loose cluster of individual habitation units surrounding several community structures, is believed to have been built and occupied between AD 1050 and 1150. As one of the few "pure" large Pueblo II sites in Southwestern Colorado, it is important as a representation of the broad patterns of Mesa Verde Anasazi cultural change. Listed under Great Pueblo Period of the McElmo Drainage Unit, AD 1075-1300, Multiple Property Submission.
The circa 1903/1904 Antlers Café and Bar in Yampa was initially listed in the Colorado State Register of Historic Properties on March 11, 1998. Antlers is locally significant under Commerce for the period 1904 to 1964 as the main stopping place along the historic road that is now known as the Flat Tops Scenic Byway as well as a long-time community establishment for food and drink. The building is further locally significant architecturally for the period 1904, when it was constructed, to 1941, the date of the last significant modification, the addition of a small storage shed to the south
The Arapaho Hills subdivision, constructed between 1955 and 1964, reflects new patterns in the post-World War II period and their influence on the development of new forms of suburban residential subdivisions.
Designed by prominent Denver architect Glen W. Huntington, the 1907 two-story red brick building, a simplified version of the Classical Revival style with Colonial Revival influences, includes a raised basement.
The site is believed to have functioned as a prehistoric campsite and may yield important information regarding mountain campsites. Radiocarbon dating of charcoal provided some indication that the campsite may date from the Archaic period.
Although little remains today, the camp site is representative of the boom and bust cycles typical of many Colorado mining communities. With a history paralleling the Tellurium / White Cross Mining Camp, it was never formally platted as a town site.